Thursday 13 January 2011

2D animation

2D animation 
(Walk cycle)


This week we have been set the mountainous task of animating a human walk cycle, which sounds pretty simple when people say that should take around 15 frames, but I can assure you its so very far from simple. 

This task I found incredibly difficult, resulting in as you can see from above a very unusual walk indeed, if you can even call it that. The main thing that has really mucked up all of the elements I have been leaning about for the last few months, is my lack of understanding the poses within a walk cycle. resulting in the timing, over lap and squash all being wrong making the animation look unbelievable bad. (but its all part of the learning process)

The main thing I need to try and understand is what poses the body makes during a walk.     


No comments:

Post a Comment