Monday 18 October 2010

Life Drawing


Life Drawing 

Today was the first time I have ever had a life drawing class, well apart from last week, but technically the model wasn't alive. As I've said before in my previous posts I'm not very confident at drawing, as you may be able to tell, I don't really have a good grasp on prospective yet or a style that I prefer to work in, but hopefully as the weeks progress you will be able to see an improvement in my work. (please post any comments or criticism on my work, as other peoples prospectives help so much in my learning process and can help me do nothing but improve.)

The drawings pictured above were really the warm up exercises of the class, as we only had a limited amount of time on each one. I think about 30 seconds for the first and then 1 minute for the next, which I can tell you is not long to draw not long at all. The first drawing above was the thirty second one where we were suppose to draw in the essential lines, as you can tell from the drawings I didn't really get this from beginning, but as the poses went on I did think I made a slight improvement, Which itself is still a long way off but definitely something that I can work from.   

The drawing to the left was the one where we had 1 minute for each pose, this one I really struggled with as I found it a lot harder to get the form of the body to look right, as you will be able to see in the image above. This is the thing I most want to work on next time making sure that I look at the model drawing only what I see and not what I think is there.   


This task was again one that I really struggled with resulting in a poor result, but I've been told time and time again its the process of drawing that makes you learn not the finished piece itself.  


These two drawings pictured above are the ones im most unhappy with, as I just couldn't seem to get the right shape I tried to have another go next to the original but nope just couldn't seen to get it. 


 I made sure that I have put all the drawings i've done in the order of creating them so I will be able to see if any improvements have been made this session, which I think have and can clearly be shown in these images above which still are rough but are a marked improvement from the ones drawn earlier in the session. Some of the lines are still way off, but in saying that others really show the shape of the body  like the legs on the left drawing and the top half of the right.   

(I NEED TO LOOK RATHER THAN DRAW WHAT I THINK IS THERE)

No comments:

Post a Comment